Instead of using imitation crab meat, the abalone mushroom is very much similar to soft shell crab in texture and taste! Crunchy, crabby, chewy…… Yummy!! And this butter sauce is absolutely fantastic, combining with the “soft shell crab”.
Vegetarian Butter Soft Shell Crab Recipe
- 20 medium-sized abalone mushrooms
- 2 cups cooking oil (for frying)
Batter for frying abalone mushrooms,
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Stir batter properly to prevent lump.
- Dip mushrooms in batter and fry them. Dish up. Leave aside.
To make sauce,
- 1 cup evaporated milk (sweetened)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oat
- a pinch of salt
- 2 bird’s eye chillies (deseeded and cut finely)
- 2-3 stalks curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat up butter under low heat.
- Put in curry leaves, chillies, sugar, and salt.
- Pour in fried abalone mushrooms then stir-fry with oat.
- Then pour in evaporated milk. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
Don’t forget to subscribe us for the latest updates!
Feel free to send us an enquiry, we would like to hear from you!